Monday, January 9, 2012

Dont rush, my little dove

My precious Alaina wants to grow up so fast. I have to be so careful about not pushing her nor holding her back. I seriously need the Lord to direct me each day because with children what may have worked yesterday will probably not work the same way in the days to come.






She is holding baby peaches we found this fall. She was so excited that they matched her dress.







She recently will go to the kitchen and say mommy "I am getting something" so I will wait in my room in wonder of what those little hands are getting into and in she will come with 2 drinks and a huge bowl with torn lettuce, tomato chunks that she has bitten off and placed in the bowl, feta and sharp cheddar, baby carrots and Italian dressing.









At first, my initial mental reaction was "Alaina, you know you're not supposed to go in the fridge" but seeing the genuineness of wanting to serve me is beyond humbling. I could say nothing but receive her gifts with the utmost gratefulness. Inside the bowl were the 2 forks that had tumbled inside and were covered with dressing and together we grabbed hold and began enjoying a lunch that was fit for a King.








I have been very humbled lately while watching my daughters heart blossom more and more into a servant. She being so young has been understanding more and more everything she does God sees and to everyone she treats with Love, He tastes of it and to everyone she hurts He tastes as well. It has caused her to consider how all her actions immediately touch the Lords heart.






I see how fast she wants to be big so I purposefully create bigger chores and responsibilities. She says to me "Mommy, thats to much" and I encourage her "thats why sweetie, its great to be big but with being big means you have a lot bigger responsibilities and God wants us to just enjoy and be faithful in the measure He has given us". She wants to constantly prove she is able. She is my mirror. I want her to be independent in certain areas but I most of all want her full trust to be in mommy and daddy so in her later years as she is being tested in this difficult life and learning to lean and fully trust in her Maker she can look back and see the pattern that was set before her with us. In these younger years if she develops believing she can do it all and does not need mommy and daddy it will be a more difficult road in her trials to come when she needs to depend on God. 




Matthew has told me so many times that he is determined to stand as the loving, reliable, and faithful, father figure that so many are never able to grow up seeing. Our hearts go out to the countless broken lives in this youthful generation who grew up with abuse, neglect, abandonment, harshness, and above all no Love. No wonder it is so difficult for so many to believe in God's Healing Love when the head of the household (who in the home represents God to the children) displayed the opposite. Not to blame any fathers, sadly its usually what they experienced in their own homes as well and the curse just trickles down. God gave us ordinances and commands not to make us robots but to SAVE OUR HOMES from brokenness. To raise our children in faithfulness, security and above all HIS LOVE. Every good and perfect thing begins with Him everything else will fade. This world is a vapor. A temporary visit until eternity. I dont want to waste anymore time. Time is the one gift you cannot get back. We must make the most of it. I must cherish every second for I am not promised tomorrow.

Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it. Proverbs 22:6


“These are the commands, decrees, and regulations that the Lord your God commanded me to teach you. You must obey them in the land you are about to enter and occupy, 2 and you and your children and grandchildren must fear the Lord your God as long as you live. If you obey all his decrees and commands, you will enjoy a long life. 3 Listen closely and be careful to obey. Then all will go well with you, and you will have many children in the land flowing with milk and honey, just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised you.
 4 “Listen, The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.5 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. 6 And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. 7 Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. 8 Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. 9 Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:1-9

3 comments:

  1. Amen. God will continue to guide you at every turn, (as He does me, too) as you humble yourself and open your ears to hear Him. Remember, all we need for life and godliness is available in what He has promised!
    Beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. best mom ive ever known
    JONATHAN GILL

    ReplyDelete