Sunday, January 8, 2012

Gentle Hands


Click on the pictures to view them in more detail.





My two precious children, Alaina Grace 4 and Levi 2, take craft time very seriously. When the paints come out they're entering into our little world of colors, responsibility, and creativity. 


They're not the smearing type but they handle their painting time so delicately. They stroke with patience and paint with vision. They know what they're creating and watching is one of the many delights they fill in my soul.






Although Levi's paints got dirt on them he was unfazed and knew he could perfect his little cat even with the dirt. 




For a 2 year old. He quite astounds me and loves to paint with wooden sticks (like his mommy). 




My Alaina always puts her whole heart into her pieces. Some could look at her work and say "good job, Alaina" but when I look at her pieces I see her whole heart all over. I see her deep focus and her 200% and it makes me treasure each piece all the more. 




Alaina has been probably my most influential teacher in painting. She has taught me abstract and color palates I would have never put together but most of all she has taught me about gentle hands. She can work on one piece for hours until its just right. She has no rush, no distractions, just focus and a pure heart. 




Through her I can see Gods gentle hands. His unsurpassing patience. He does not push us and rush us and force us. He gently molds and fashions and shapes us more into the image of His Beloved Son. 


He is always working as Jesus shares in the gospel of John. His main ingredient is Love and my favorite part of painting with my little peas is that is our main ingredient as well. 




My Father is always at work to this very day - John 5:17

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alison! Just found your blog via a mutual friend! Loved what you said about "He does not push us and rush us and force us. He gently molds and fashions and shapes us more into the image of His Beloved Son." How loving and patient He must be, He's still working on me! Blessings on your journey!

    ReplyDelete